Publishing new versions to the NPM Package (
@dnb/eufemia) is handled by a Deploy Server.
Actually, both the Portal (
dnb-design-system-portal) and the NPM Package (
@dnb/eufemia) are deployed and build by a Continuous Integration (CI) Server.
Once you push your branch
feat/your-feature (or what ever) to remote origin, all tests will be run against your latest pushes.
Merges from a Pull Request and other pushes to the development branch
origin/main, will trigger a test build of the Portal. This way me make sure that a new Portal version can be build, before we actually publish a new build.
The Release Branch
Make sure you only make Pull Request from
The Release Branch is more kind of a secondary branch. It reflects the latest version, but is actually only used to publish new versions and to make builds for the Portal.
TODO: GitFlow and CI structure graphics
Steps to follow
The steps, from code changes to production builds are:
- Make your changes and write tests and test the codebase
- Update eventually snapshots (
- Commit your changes with the correct message decoration
- Push or make a Pull Request to the
- Wait until the CI Server has validated the commits
- Make a Pull Request
- Once the Pull Request will be approved by one of the authored repo contributors,
- The CI Server will deploy the Portal and NPM builds