For more development details you may have a look at the confluence pages about development details.
Development environment and defaults
Many defaults are given by the linting and prettier configurations. But to keep the code base consistent and clean, we have set a certain set of rules:
- Use Volta for Node.js and yarn version handling.
- Use only Function and Class Components for components, elements, fragments and patterns - no Hooks.
- Use strictly the naming conventions.
- Use correct message decoration to insure correct versioning.
- Use best practices for CSS style structures.
- Use nested CSS class selectors with SASS (SCSS) and BEM (Block Element Modifier).
How to publish a new version to NPM?
Create a Fork, make your changes and create a Pull Request) - or commit your changes to a new branch. From there an admin will create a Pull Request into the
origin/develop branch. Once Your commits got approved on CI, we will create a Pull Request to merge the changes in to the
As soon as the Pull Request gets merged into
origin/release, a CI/CD server will check all commits and figure out the new NPM Version Number and publish a new version based on the message decorations.